[Marketing-Public]hi

Tristan Nitot tristan at nitot.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:01:17 +0100

Dillon Williams wrote:

>Aside from the hosting, have you ever considered just buying the
>domain and either donating to the Mozilla Foundation or just doing a
>complete redirect to getfirefox.com?. I don't know what kind of ideas
>that you have for the website, but I think that they could definitely
>benefit from that additional domain. What does everyone think of this?

I agree. I suggest to donate it to Mozilla Europe (.ro being in Europe).
We'll redirect it to the upcoming pages in RO as soon as they are up.

It happens that he may not use firefox.no nor Mozilla.no nor any other
top level domain.

This is stated in
http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy.html (see below)

<<

Domain names cannot include our trademarks without asking us. This is
because it's hard for a URL to meet the "non-confusing" requirement. We
request that proposals for sites called www.get<product>.xx (or
equivalent in another language) be download sites, and
www.spread<product>.xx (or equivalent) be community advocacy portals. If
you would like to build a Mozilla, Firefox or Thunderbird promotional
site for your region, we encourage you to join an existing official
localization project. Official localization projects have more
flexibility in using our trademarks to build promotional sites.

It's fine to call your site a name like Fire*, *Fox, etc. If you want to
call it MozSomething, you need to ask, but we are pretty likely to say Yes.

--Tristan Nitot, Mozilla Europe

--
Mozilla-Europe and OpenWebGroup Contributor
http://mozilla-europe.org/ : The Free browser/mail-client now in Europe!