[Marketing-Public]Re: marketing-public digest, Vol 1 #242 - 6 msgs

raiph spam at temporalgyrus.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:54:19 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:

[bunch of stuff]

I'm pretty sure most mozilla marketers agree with most
of what you said.

> I can only assume [IE users aware of FF who still don't try it] think

It's important our assumptions about this issue are as
well founded as possible. I don't think yours are right.

I could well believe my assumptions about what they
think are wrong too.

> The software itself is by far the most feature rich,
> user friendly and intuitive around,

If one assumes that the only reasons people who are
aware of FF don't switch is because they think it's
difficult or expensive, the above factors are irrelevant
to our current marketing challenge.

> once a user has experienced it, they will almost definitely
> find the "competition" to be completely inadequate

My experience has been a bit less emphatic, but I do agree
that one of our primary challenges is to just get people to use
FF (or think they are) for one browsing session.

Again, I think it's important to have clarity and consensus on
just exactly what our primary marketing challenges are.

> a campaign of regionally orientated press releases

You sound like you know what you're talking about.
If you try to organize it, I'll try to help.

> I would suggest that work be put into writing a common
> core press release built from global input

One that's different from the press release that is to be sent to
mainstream press?

raiph