[Marketing-Public]Firefox on Overture

Bryan Simonson Bryan Simonson <manticor at gmail.com>
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:05:10 -0700

Yesterday's topic about Firefox on Google inspired me to take
advantage of a couple of advertisements that Overture sent me. (Free
$100 when you sign up with $50 deposit) So I says to myself, "Heck,
that's already a 100% ROI. I'll do it."

So now I'm bidding on a few choice terms for Mozilla on Overture.
Don't worry,  keywords are my day-job, so I know the rules, and what
could get me in trouble. Mozilla is well-represented.

Some examples which you can find on Yahoo (don't click though):
uninstalling internet explorer
internet explorer crash
repairing internet explorer
internet explorer pop ups
internet explorer runtime error
internet explorer support
troubleshoot internet explorer
internet explorer service pack 2
delete internet explorer
reinstalling internet explorer
internet explorer hijacker
internet explorer popup blocker
disable internet explorer
internet explorer slow

Will there be any way to track if this causes any downloads? I set the
click-through URL to this:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/?src=overture

If it's actually useful, maybe there's a way to make this a part of
the strategy, on Overture as well as Google.