[Marketing-Public]Re: Firefox on Google (Bryan Simonson)

David Hallowell David Hallowell <david.hallowell at gmail.com>
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:24:42 +0100

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:26:20 -0700, Bryan Simonson <manticor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, while we're in the vein of search marketing, what about a
> Google-bomb? If few thousand people linked to Mozilla.org with the
> text "internet explorer," it might make it into the top ten for that
> term.

I've thought of this before, the best way to do it would be to have a
sentence like:

A safter alternative to <a href="http://mozilla.org/">Internet Explorer</a>

This would have the googlebomb effect but would mean we're not
misleading visitors to the site thinking it's a link to the IE home
page.

But I'm sure the foundation would not officially support such things ;)

Ending on a funny note, pointed out at slashdot:
http://www.google.com/search?q=buggy+insecure+browser&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official