[Marketing-Public]Re: Weblogs RSS feed on mozilla.org home page

Michael Lefevre moz.marketing at michaellefevre.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:34:40 +0100

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:10:53AM -0400, Tim Rowley wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:56:46PM +0100, Michael Lefevre wrote:
> > I'm all for making more people aware of the Mozilla community blogs, as
> > (and this isn't necessarily a good thing) there isn't much other
> > communication about some important stuff, but I'm not sure that putting it
> > all up on the home page is a good idea.
>
> Yeah, perhaps the space could be better used as a list of
> links - moz.eu, moz.jp, and planet would be a good start.

Indeed. Seems to me it's better to have planet as a somewhat independent
thing and let it be more inclusive and open (it could have a disclaimer on
it if necessary), rather than restricting it so it becomes something
that's suitable for the mozilla.org homepage.

> > And while tor is on the cc line - Asa's blog seems to have disappeared
> > from planet. Is that just a mistake or was there some reason for removing
> > it?
>
> Asa requested it to be removed.

Would I be right to assume that he did that as a result of planet being
syndicated on to the home page? In his personal capacity, I can completely
understand his decision to do that. However, it rather undermines the
whole idea of doing it if one of the Mozilla staff, whose blog includes
some of the stuff that would be most valuable to have on the home page,
doesn't want to do it.

[snip other changes and answers]

thanks for those.

BTW I see that we now have "Microsoft security chief uses Firefox" on the
home page, based on the rather sensational story from The Inquirer. Seems
like something else that the Foundation wouldn't want to be publishing...

--
Michael