thomas.alabor at mydiax.ch
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:04:56 +0200 (MEST)
just some notes on my visite of www.mozilla.org.
- As an international user there is missing a "direct" link to localized homepages like de (for german). I'd be nice to have this for example directly below the mozilla-logo on the left side.
- i have the impression, that mozilla.org is sponsored by cnet.com...???
- the mozilla links newsletter is really hard to find (even when you know that it exists... try to imagine somebody who doesn't know... he or her wouldn't find - for sure!)
- even in the community section, the international aspect of the community is really marginal... is it really your attention to speak first to developers and AFTER to the User community (see next point) (my impression is, that a non-english-spreak will never find the community of his/her language... and can you change "german" to "deutsch"? - that would be nice).
BTW: is http://www.mozilla.org/community/intl/de.html the only german site on mozilla.org?
- developers should find there community in the developers section.
- the newsletter site: http://www.mozilla.org/community/news.html. the subscribe-thing isn't intuitive. why don't you put a form there to subscribe directly - or direct them to http://www.nostalsong.com/mozillalinks/
- store: in the cart-section of the store there should be a link "continue shopping"... it was hard to understand that you only have to press on the link on the top to continue shopping...
- it would be really nice to put a direct link to the "Help"-Menu which directs users to the community help-page. for example to: http://www.mozilla.org/community/user-forums.html (with a hugh link to localized help-pages).
nevertheless it's really a great page!