[Marketing-Public]Re: Weblogs RSS feed on mozilla.org home page

Michael Lefevre moz.marketing at michaellefevre.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:56:46 +0100

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:33:08PM +0200, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Honestly, I do believe it is **URGENT** to remove that Weblogs section from
> Mozilla.org's home page.

This was raised before the site went live - Bart's response in his blog
comments was that they wanted to see how it went as an experiment.
http://www.decrem.com/bart/archives/000081.html

I'm all for making more people aware of the Mozilla community blogs, as
(and this isn't necessarily a good thing) there isn't much other
communication about some important stuff, but I'm not sure that putting it
all up on the home page is a good idea.

And while tor is on the cc line - Asa's blog seems to have disappeared
from planet. Is that just a mistake or was there some reason for removing
it?  Also, Dave Hyatt's personal blog is up there (although he hasn't used
it recently) - I think all the browser-related stuff is in the safari
blog, and if we're aiming for Mozilla related stuff...  And finally, Cheah
Chu Yeow recently wondered why he wasn't on planet -
http://blog.codefront.net/archives/category/mozilla/ ...

--
Michael