[Marketing-Public]informal support proposal

Bart Decrem marketing-public at mozilla.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:52:01 -0800

Mozilla Champions is indeed a wonderful service for users, but it's not
a complete solution.   For one thing, newsgroups can be intimidating to
beginning users.  Also, many users want some SLA - some guarantee that
their question will get an answer from a professional in some
predictable amount of time, knowing that there's a 'supervisor' involved
so that their are some quality controls.  Therefore, in my opinion, the
appropriate set of support options should include more than one
technology, focus almost obsessively on making the experience as
user-friendly and approachable as possible, and offer a mix of free and
paid services.

/bd