[Marketing-Public]informal support proposal

Moz Champion marketing-public at mozilla.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:51:50 -0500

Bart

          You already have one such. A scalable, self sustaining, high
quality option for users. And best of all its free.
Its called the Mozilla Champions.
           Yes, we have our own page on the mozilla.org site (thank you)
and we have even been 'recognized' by mozilla.org (thank you).  We even
have our own discussion forum (thank you).
Alas, that is all the 'support' extant to date.  We still have no user
orientated newsgroups on mozilla.org servers (we use secnews). The last
discussion regarding this, our minimum list of 10 newsgroups we were
informed we had to minimize down to five ( which simply isnt possible
considering we support three products, on three platforms and multimedia
as well)
Our mozilla.org discussion forum is open to all so is not useful for
some of our discussions.
We have no mandate for even managing decorum and posting policies on
those groups which we assist in. (see the apparent discrepancies between
the mozilla.org posting guidelines and those of the Champions (listed on
our website))
           Decision One phone support, which users have the dubious
honor of paying for, routinely monitor the newsgroups for answers, which
they sell back to customers.  Yet Decision One has a listing on the
mozilla.org home page,  but to find the Champions you have to search
through multiple pages to even find a mention.

           Yet, even in the face of this, we carry on and do what we
can.  We are a self-sustaining, scalable, high quality  support option
for users, yet it does not seem that all elements of mozilla.org are
happy to work with us.