[Marketing-Public]Mozilla vs Opera

Albert Ren marketing-public at mozilla.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:58:12 -0500

Somehow, I get the feeling that the price is mandated by DecisionOne and
that Mozilla probably doesn't get much of a say in how much it costs
anyway.  I seem to recall Netscape charging the same price back when
they used them.

As to the Java chat idea someone suggested, why not use a Java front end
for an IRC client?  It could be staffed by the same mozillazine
volunteers, as long as there's a huge disclaimer that it's volunteer
driven and not guaranteed to have any results nor officially
staffed/sponsored by the foundation.  Of course more technical users can
use their own IRC client, but the java front end would be there to help
users who wouldn't know what IRC is.  Wouldn't have the same personal
touch, but it'd use existing resources quite easily.  Downsides to this
would be if a user was having trouble with java.