[Marketing-Public]Mozilla is not (quite) for end users

Omi Azad marketing-public at mozilla.org
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 0:16:56 +0600

|Not to mention the security issues regarding ActiveX.  Users don't read
|what they install.  That's how most Spyware is installed.  As
|"plugins".  That is a good part of why Mozilla is so much more secure.
|You need real plugins.

But Robert,
Is there any problem to share the ActiveX components comes with Micorosoft? I mean people are making applications with .NET languages and users has to keep the .Net framework (also a Micro$oft technology) to run that application, which microsoft didn't make. Like that if you make a application with VB, it needs VB runtime library to execute in windows.

So unfortunately if our Mozilla installed in Windows, I believe it is possible that it can search the ActiveX in your box and execute with that, else it can ask you to install one.

I agree with your "plugin" issue. Yes! our Mozilla is so secure for us.

Omi Azad
Altruists International
http://www.altruists.org
http://ekushey.org