[Marketing-Public]Firefox on Google

raiph spam at temporalgyrus.com
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:28:54 +0100

David Hallowell wrote:

>Google like altering their logo for special occaisions for example
>they've changed their logo each day during the olympics.

I emailed doodle@google.com a while back:

Do you think history will record that mozilla firefox was a turning
point for saving the open web, preserving for the human race a digital
commons of consequence?

If you do, it would be great if there was a google doodle for firefox's
1.0 birthday, maybe even a download link, like yahoo did for netscape.

I got an auto response, then a week later I got this response:

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us. We love hearing from our
users, especially those who enjoy our occasional celebratory doodles. In
your spare time, take a look at http://www.google.com/holidaylogos.html
for an archive of our more popular logo variations. If this piques your
interest, check out our Oodles of Doodles entry on the Google Blog:
http://www.google.com/googleblog/2004/06/oodles-of-doodles.html

We really appreciate your thoughtful Firefox doodle suggestion, and we'll
keep it in mind for the future.

Regards,
The Google Team

love raiph