[Marketing-Public]Firefox, Xth most popular piece of software on the planet

Bart Decrem bart at decrem.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:05:37 -0700

--------------090909040201040404080802

Folks,

One of the things that's really struck me is that Firefox is probably
already one of the 25~50 most popular pieces of end user software on the
planet.

Can someone on this list do some digging around and try find or create a
credible listing of end-user software in terms of total users (I would
imagine that Windows, Office, IE, Kazaa, Linux, OpenOffice, Flash,
Winzip... and a number of other apps will have really high user
numbers).  Maybe this is an impossible request ...

I'm looking for this number or listing because it's a fun data bit to
throw into interviews ("Firefox, before even reaching its 1.0 release,
is already one of the 50 most popular pieces of software on the planet").

Thanks for your ideas.

Rediscover the web - Get Firefox <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/>.

--------------090909040201040404080802

<head>
</head>
Folks,<br>
One of the things that's really struck me is that Firefox is probably
already one of the 25~50 most popular pieces of end user software on
the planet.&nbsp; <br>
Can someone on this list do some digging around and try find or create
a credible listing of end-user software in terms of total users (I
would imagine that Windows, Office, IE, Kazaa, Linux, OpenOffice,
Flash, Winzip... and a number of other apps will have really high user
numbers).&nbsp; Maybe this is an impossible request ...<br>
I'm looking for this number or listing because it's a fun data bit to
throw into interviews ("Firefox, before even reaching its 1.0 release,
is already one of the 50 most popular pieces of software on the
planet").&nbsp; <br>
Thanks for your ideas.<br>
Bart<br>
<title>Signature File</title>