[Marketing-Public]Idea for Firefox promotion

Carcarlo carlo at acfiorentina.net
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:04:59 +0200

Hi,
yesterday I had an idea and I wrote it on comments of blakeross.com blog.
Maybe this place is better. :-)

I've got an idea for Firefox promotion: personalization of Firefox buttons.
Just build a page with some standard banners (see
http://iab.net/standards/adunits.asp) promoting Firefox. These ads must
have an empty space for placing dinamically the text of the site where the
banner will be shown, resulting in "we recommend Firefox for browsing this
site - name-of-site", "name-of-site recommends Firefox" or similar.
The webmaster has got to save the banner and put it into his site: then he
has a personalized ad showing that his site supports Firefox. You could do
this easily with PHP: the user types his site name in a form, send it, the
server built the image and send it back to the browser.
I hope you understand what I mean. I think it's a good idea for promoting
Firefox among big sites, they could insert the banner among the rotating ads.

--
Carcarlo
*Firenze*