[Marketing-Public]more re: mozilla redistribution and tradema rks

Cabello, Percy marketing-public at mozilla.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:05:18 -0400

Maybe a Mozilla partner logo may be created or a Mozilla (the project) be
created.
Since mozilla.org is becoming a distributor or mozilla products, which was
not the case even when the project was created, a line must be drawn for
fairness, as only this will encourage third parties to become distributors.

So, the decission may be wether the Mozilla foundation the distributor and
main contributor of the mozilla projects or the Mozilla project keeps the
t-rex and text logos.

I would vote for the latter and let Mozilla keep its historical logos
instead of creating new ones(as would be needed in my theoritical
situation). But of course, this is not in the best interest of the Mozilla
Foundation. So, maybe a new logo must be created/derived from the currenly
owned and creative commons-licensed. This would be the one used by other
distributors (better said than partners I think).

Percy