MSN and Marketing

Albert Ren garfieldbond at fastmail.fm
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:18:41 -0400

--------------010908020503030008040707

Just a heads-up guys.  Turns out that MSN9 will be having a "pop-up
guard" as one of its features.  Obviously, microsoft will be marketing
this up the wazoo as one of its new features (who knows if they'll even
make lofty claims as to "being one of the first/few").  I'm not sure how
we can counter this with our own marketing strategy, but we probably
should do it soon before pop-up blocking becomes a standard checkbox
feature.

"As you're browsing the Web, notice how the Pop-Up Guard settings you've
made affect your experience with pop-up advertisements.  Modify the
settings to see how the different filter levels and notifications change
your experience.  Occasionally you will receive a dialog box asking you
if the behavior of the Pop-Up Guard for a particular pop-up was what you
expected.  We encourage you to respond to this as it helps us know how
well the Pop-Up Guard is working."
--From the MSN beta site

Albert

--------------010908020503030008040707

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Just a heads-up guys.&nbsp; Turns out that MSN9 will be having a "pop-up
guard" as one of its features.&nbsp; Obviously, microsoft will be marketing
this up the wazoo as one of its new features (who knows if they'll even
make lofty claims as to "being one of the first/few").&nbsp; I'm not sure
how we can counter this with our own marketing strategy, but we
probably should do it soon before pop-up blocking becomes a standard
checkbox feature.<br>
"<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">As you're browsing
the Web, notice how the Pop-Up Guard settings you've made affect your
experience with pop-up advertisements.&nbsp; Modify the settings to see how
the different filter levels and notifications change your experience.&nbsp;
Occasionally you will receive a dialog box asking you if the behavior
of the Pop-Up Guard for a particular pop-up was what you expected.&nbsp; We
encourage you to respond to this as it helps us know how well the
Pop-Up Guard is working."<br>

--------------010908020503030008040707--