slogans

Patrick Lee alimadzi at yahoo.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:20:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Generation NeXT <macnerd2k@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Devour is similar to destroy, entropy.  I don't
> > want
> > > that connection with Mozilla.  Microsoft could be
> > said
> > > to devour competition, buggy programs can devour
> > data.
> >
> > IMO, this one's just silly... the phrase that is.
>
> Yep.  That too.

OK, I agree that my suggestion of the "devour" slogan was pretty silly,
but I wasn't thinking of destruction, entropy, or any other laws of
thermodynamics at the time.  I was simply contrasting browse and devour
as they relate to books: browsing as recreational and non-serious, and
devouring as in "He sure devoured that book on XUL."  But again, it was
silly to begin with.

At least I didn't suggest Voracious B (B as in browser) as a new name
for Mozilla.  THAT would have been truly silly.

-Patrick

=====
Patrick Lee
alimadzi@yahoo.com

"Mozilla is the best web browser of 2003." - PC World
Download Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org)