Clarifying mozilla.com versus mozilla.org

Bill Gerba billg at wirespring.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:30:21 -0400

Depending on how closely the mozilla foundation wants to hold these
assets, you could even sell or donate the mozilla.com domain to a
sponsor corporation who could host and maintain it, with donated
services to maintain it.  Of course, the foundation would probably want
to control look, feel traffic flow, etc., so as to not dilute the brand
or create competing brand presentation.

But if you think that the consumer experience is important, and you
think that mozilla.org can't successfully communicate to the developer
community and the consumer body at large (which I think it can't,
personally), then this might be a viable route to take.

-Bill

--
Bill Gerba
CEO, WireSpring Technologies, Inc.