NEED standards-heavy AMAZING main site

Chris Hofmann chofmann at meer.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:34:28 -0700

haven't seen all this thread, but if we are trying to build a success
story around heavy use of standards to achieve some specific goals
the espn interview on devedge is a good one...  doesn't have the sizzle
of  the links below but adds the angle of  the ability to achieve
some very valuable goals...

http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2003/espn-interview/01/
http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2003/espn-interview/02/

faster presentation of content to users
ability to achieve high traffic volume at lower cost
improved content management strategies are possible
reduced testing for compatility

even after saying all that the espn site look pretty darn good...
http://msn.espn.go.com/