NEED standards-heavy AMAZING main site

Andy Edmonds andy at uzilla.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:41:23 -0400

James Russell wrote:

> Bart; did you see this? It's way, way behind the original site but it
> does give an idea. The lines near the top used to ripple like water
> and of course the giant 6 used to fade in from the left.

A more compelling demo would be to use z-order stacking to pack more
punch in the screenshots.  I remember a Blake page with 3 overlapping
screenshots, but can't seem to track it down.

In any event, take a look at:
    http://uzilla.net/uzilla/info/using_uzilla/understand.cfm

Mouseover (the handles) on each screenshot brings it to the forefront.
This is simple, w3c, cross browser compatible DHTML -- works in IE too
with no code forking.  We could use this, without the handles, to stack
small screenshots of the different applications.  I haven't figured out
an elegant way to incoporate zoom (aside from a popup window).
-=-=-
... Uzilla, LLC: "Tools for a Usable Web", http://uzilla.net
Human Factors MS: http://people.clemson.edu/~kedmond

--AE