bundling

Bart Decrem bart at decrem.com
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:46:16 -0700

Hi folks,

Lots of interesting ideas re:bundling.  We definitely want to bundle
software, starting with essential plugins such as Java, Flash,
RealPlayer and Acrobat.  It takes time to get the licensing agreements
done though.  In addition, the ideal way to deliver those plugins is as
part of the install process, so people can just check a box that says
"install these plugins" - and we don't have that machinery in place for
Mozilla Firebird, AFAIK - so this is probably something that'll happen
in a few months.

Bart