CD upsell due diligence help

Robert Mohr mohr.42 at osu.edu
Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:57:22 -0400

Brian King wrote:

> Bart Decrem wrote:
>
>> I'm less interested in a discussion on this list than in finding
>> someone who can spend a couple of hours to provide a brief overview of
>> the pros and cons of these different products and services.
>

> Yes, sure, but what is the rationale for bundling proprietry software on
> an Open Source project CD? To me, this is undermining and distracting.

I think if there is an open source application comparable to a
proprietary one that the CD should include it instead.  But this is for
the Mozilla Foundation to make more money off of the CD--if I buy a CD
and register a trial of McAfee that came with it, I believe the Mozilla
Foundation would get some money out of it.

Sorry about the double post Brian.
--
Robert Mohr
mohr.42@osu.edu