CD upsell due diligence help

James Russell Kovu401 at netscape.net
Thu, 04 Sep 2003 07:18:29 -0500

The point is to make Mozilla as useful as an end-user client as possible
by bundling features (like Netscape did w/ McAfee) that add to the
browsing experience and add value to the product and also make life
easier for users so that they don't have to try and hunt down these
products themselves. Linux is an open source product, too. Ask Red Hat
what the value of bundling services with an open source product is,
they'll tell you.

As to the argument that adding features to Mozilla will detract from our
own features, this is just silly. If that's the case, we'd better stop
adding any cool features to Mozilla just so we can tout spam filtering
and pop-up blocking forever.

-JR