[Marketing-Public]standards compliance of Mozilla?

Ian Thomas marketing-public at mozilla.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:54:37 +0000

I went through the tests in the evil test suite
(http://www.hixie.ch/tests/tesremas/listresults.pl?ID=ETS&mainPivoted=&legendSort=&mainTrimmed=on&mainSortV=&mainSortH=)
that had been failed by the best performing version of mozilla and got
these results:

The long description of the IMG element - Not really (accessible from
image properties)
CSS and Quotes - Fail
Generated Content - 4 - attr() - Pass (I think)
Rendering BODY as a child of HTML - 7 - Fail (but invalid test)
Meta Data Support - Mostly supported
CSS Underlining - Pass with very minor bug (can't set thickness of
strikethrough)
Vertical Block Growth - Pass (I think - possible bug on final test)
Table Features - Fail
Display: Run-In - Fail (I think)
Problems With line-height - 3 - Could not test
Link - 1 - Pass
Link - 3 - Fail
Link - 4 - Fail
Link - 5 - Fail
Link - 6 - Fail (link 3-6 are one bug)
Generated Content - 1 - Text - Fail
Rendering BODY as a child of HTML - 6 - Fail
Styling HR, BR Elements - Pass except rendering BR as a coloured box.
Collapsing Elements - Fail
Cascading Acid Test - Pass

TOTALS
Pass - 5