[Marketing-Public]Netscape Rumor

Jay Garcia marketing-public at mozilla.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:56:17 -0500

Heard a _rumor_ that "Web Properties", the group running Netscape.com,
was not so happy to see netscape browser development end since a large
portion of their traffic is clickthroughs from the default browser home
page.  I've heard rumors they have started talks with the Mozilla
Foundation about contracting out continuation of a Netscape-branded
Mozilla (side-stepping the Mozilla-hostile AOL Product Development group
that shut down Netscape dev in the first place).  I stress _rumors_ and
the _beginnings_ of talks -- nothing may come of it, but it's a little
bit of hope for the Netscape name.

What a marketing adventure this would be !!! ;-)

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion - Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org