[Marketing-Public]Visibility in download sites

Phil John marketing-public at mozilla.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:17:39 +0100

Good idea,

People like Winzip already do this to lower their bandwidth - every little
bit helps now that we've lost the AOL funded pipe.

Good point on getting up in the download.com stats, especially if we push
the whole "blocks popups" angle.  I can't believe that people still pay for
popup-blockers in this day and age.  If we can get them to see that, hey,
our software does that anyway plus it's safer than IE hopefully they would
go for it.

Mozilla has features that other people want and are willing to pay
for...pure and simple (why do you think IncrudeMail [sic] is so
popular?)...but we have an advantage...our product is free.

Just my 0.02

Phil.