[Marketing-Public]Visibility in download sites

Cabello, Percy marketing-public at mozilla.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:29:33 -0400

What about linking to download sites such as download.com and tucows.com
when releases are out?

This would up our ranking in these sites and earn more visibility in top
downloads, or popular downloads kind of listings. I just noticed there is
very low number of user reviews, although the rating is high (90%+ for
Mozilla and birds). For example, currently we don't make in download.com's
Top50. A side benefit would be lowering foundation's bandwidth usage.

I guess there must be some concerns however I am not aware of them and would
like to hear of.

Percy