[Marketing-Public]Mozilla Design Problems

Peter marketing-public at mozilla.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:50:21 +0100

From: "James Graham" <jg307@cam.ac.uk>

[snip]
> and is difficult to install over a network".

Funnily enough, I had noticed how the absence of an official installer for
Firebird means that it is easy to install over a network!  Also, I read
recently somewhere (maybe Opera.com) that Opera doesn't use the system
registry and so it is easy to copy user settings, etc.

I'm guessing an equivalent to IEAK isn't about to be developed so perhaps
making an installer *and* zip archive (or tar for non-Windows platforms)
would be a good idea and make life easier for business customers? Surely
there's some mileage in pointing out how much easier it is to update a
Mozilla installation compared with Internet Explorer?

Peter.