[Marketing-Public]Mozilla Design Problems

Irwin Greenwald marketing-public at mozilla.org
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:35:06 -0700

Michael:

You have one error in your analysis.  pref.bak is written when Mozilla
is started, not when it closes; pref.js is written when it closes (check
the time stamps on the two files).  As a result, if prefs.js gets
corrupted (which the user can only ascertain upon next startup),
prefs.bak will also be corrupted.

Be that as it may, we are in agreement that Moz and TB backup/recovery
need to be addressed.  Question is how do we get the developers on board?