[Marketing-Public]events team / comdex

Bart Decrem marketing-public at mozilla.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:39:56 -0700

--------------010003060706010209080704

Simon wrote:

>(ive had a hell of a time trying to post to this list, this below is a
>couple days old)
>

>>We're being offered a free table at Comdex, Nov 16-20 in Las Vegas.  Are
>>there people on this list who either live near Comdex or are planning at
>>being on the show and willing to help man the Mozilla table?
>>

>Cool. OpenOffice.org got the same deal.
>

>>Also, we need an Events team who creates an agenda for all the
>>events/conferences/shows where Mozilla should have a presence, creates
>>the collateral materials, contact the event organizers, then finds
>>volunteers to staff the events.  Any volunteers to set up the Events
>>

>team?
>
>/me raises hand in a half hearted attempt
>
>Sounds like fun, the main thing I think about is that we need to
>establish a head for each event, and that head will 100% surely be able
>to deploy there physical side for that the event.
>
>Is the Mozilla Foundation aiming to show themselves at every event they
>can get into for free, or are prepared to pay there way when not
>offered. Will the volenteers pay for the 'stuff' (handouts/demo
>hardware) to make Mozilla presentable, or will the volunteers need to do
>so out of there own pocket.

I think the project would put together a calendar of events where it
thinks there should be a Mozilla presence, then try to get free space at
those conferences, then get volunteers to staff those events, then
create materials to hand out at those events.

Mozilla doesn't have a budget for conferences/events, with perhaps one
or two exceptions, but I do think we could help out with incidentals
such as print materials.

I'm happy to be the liaison on the Mozilla end for the time being.

Bart

>--
>Simon Males <sime@cat.org.au>
>"Let them hate, so long as they fear"

--------------010003060706010209080704

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Simon wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.21.0310181202010.1124-100000@conway.cat.org.au">
  <pre wrap="">(ive had a hell of a time trying to post to this list, this below is a
couple days old)

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">We're being offered a free table at Comdex, Nov 16-20 in Las Vegas.  Are
there people on this list who either live near Comdex or are planning at
being on the show and willing to help man the Mozilla table?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Cool. OpenOffice.org got the same deal.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Also, we need an Events team who creates an agenda for all the
  <pre wrap=""><!---->team?

/me raises hand in a half hearted attempt

Sounds like fun, the main thing I think about is that we need to
establish a head for each event, and that head will 100% surely be able
to deploy there physical side for that the event.

Is the Mozilla Foundation aiming to show themselves at every event they
can get into for free, or are prepared to pay there way when not
offered. Will the volenteers pay for the 'stuff' (handouts/demo
hardware) to make Mozilla presentable, or will the volunteers need to do
so out of there own pocket.
  </pre>
I think the project would put together a calendar of events where it
thinks there should be a Mozilla presence, then try to get free space
at those conferences, then get volunteers to staff those events, then
create materials to hand out at those events.<br>
Mozilla doesn't have a budget for conferences/events, with perhaps one
or two exceptions, but I do think we could help out with incidentals
such as print materials.<br>
I'm happy to be the liaison on the Mozilla end for the time being.<br>
Bart<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.21.0310181202010.1124-100000@conway.cat.org.au">
  <pre wrap="">
--