[Marketing-Public]testimonials / quotes project

Peter marketing-public at mozilla.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:21:34 +0100

> Brian King wrote:
>
> > Albert Ren wrote:
> >
> >> As a side note, we might want to borrow some strategies from Opera in
> >> this respect.  Their "why opera" page is pretty decent.  ...
> >>
> >> http://www.opera.com/whyopera/
> >

> > http://www.mozilla.org/why/
> >
> > and
> >
> > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/why/
> >
> The one that really caught my eye was opera talking about its security
> support.  Ours is of course just as good, if not better, but people
> *still* ask in the newsgroups "does mozilla support 128bit encryption?"
> and "My bank says..."  It might be helpful to add a small security blurb
> in the firebird "why" doc.  Something along the lines of:
>
> Security You Need
> Mozilla Firebird supports the industry-standard 128-bit SSL and TLS
> security protocols.  If your transaction is encrypted, you can be sure
> Mozilla Firebird will secure your end.
>
> I'd try to work in a statement in there about how mozfb doesn't have
> nearly as many security holes as others *cough cough*, but I'm not good
> enough to do that :)
>
> Albert

You could have a local default home page explaining some of the product
highlights?

I notice that this is what Konqueror (3.1.1 on SuSE 8.2 Pro) does. I
particularly like the way it has "Tips" on how to use "internet-keywords"
and other features. In the case of Firebird, these features can be hard to
find (accepting this is due to the help not being completed).

I liked it anyway....
...(quickly adds).... I don't like Konqueror though! Eurgh, horrible
browser... eurgh!!

Peter.