[Marketing-Public]testimonials / quotes project

Albert Ren marketing-public at mozilla.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:54:46 -0400

Brian King wrote:

> Albert Ren wrote:
>
>> As a side note, we might want to borrow some strategies from Opera in
>> this respect.  Their "why opera" page is pretty decent.  ...
>>
>> http://www.opera.com/whyopera/
>

> http://www.mozilla.org/why/
>
> and
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/why/

The one that really caught my eye was opera talking about its security
support.  Ours is of course just as good, if not better, but people
*still* ask in the newsgroups "does mozilla support 128bit encryption?"
and "My bank says..."  It might be helpful to add a small security blurb
in the firebird "why" doc.  Something along the lines of:

Security You Need
Mozilla Firebird supports the industry-standard 128-bit SSL and TLS
security protocols.  If your transaction is encrypted, you can be sure
Mozilla Firebird will secure your end.

I'd try to work in a statement in there about how mozfb doesn't have
nearly as many security holes as others *cough cough*, but I'm not good
enough to do that :)

Albert