[Marketing-Public]testimonials / quotes project

Bart Decrem marketing-public at mozilla.org
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 01:02:27 -0700

Hi everyone,

It'd be great if we had a testimonials and quotes project.  Here's how
this would work:
- a web form that feeds data into a database:
-- a quote
-- name/initials/entity being quoted
-- date
-- product that the quote is about
-- contact information / other way we can verify that it's OK to use the
quote
-- permission to feature the quote and/or permission to refer press to
this person

On the backend we have an editor who cleans up quotes if necessary,
verifies permissions, and assigns a rating to each quote depending on
how compelling it is.  And quotes also get stale, and stop being used
over time.

Then, on the home page of our web site, and on each of the homepages for
our products, there could be dynamically generated testimonials about
our software - and right next to the testimonials is an "add your
testimonials" button.

When reporters ask for a reference customer or quote, we always have
those handy.

This would be another great project to host on Mozdev with mozilla.org
resources made available as needed.

Let me know if you'd like to take the lead on such an effort.

Bart