[Marketing-Public]naming

Bart Decrem marketing-public at mozilla.org
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:59:57 -0800

--------------030003070504080302050209

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that we are in the process of doing some
thinking about renaming Mozilla Firebird, in response to the concerns
from the Firebird database project community.  While sticking to the
current branding policy (eg renaming Firebird to Mozilla Browser)
remains an option, we're also looking at new names for the browser.

So now's a great to shout out ideas for names.  To help you get started,
here are some concepts that a new name would ideally evoke:
simplicity, streamline, proximity, advantage, fingertip, nearby,
neighborhood, fishing, drawing in, harvesting, collecting, treasure
hunt, gathering, grab, magpie, foraging, beachcombing, haystack,
transparency, superman/superhuman abilities, luck.

It'd be great if this thread could turn into an online brainstorming
(and hopefully respect the rules of brainstorming, foremost that we
don't critique other people's ideas, but add to the stack).

Cheers,

Bart

--------------030003070504080302050209

begin:vcard