[Hindsight] No output

Thota, Madhukar madhukar.thota at LibertyMutual.com
Mon Nov 7 04:30:56 UTC 2016

Hi

I am playing with hindsight to test simple flow using tcp input and heka_debug.lua in output. I can see my messages are coming to tcp input and but it’s not going to output.

I am using Master branch for hindsight, lua_sandbox and extensions.

Here is my flow:

hindsight.cfg:

output_path             = "output"
output_size             = 1024 * 1024 * 1024
sandbox_load_path       = nil -- disable dynamic loading
sandbox_run_path        = "/etc/hindsight/run"
sandbox_install_path    = "/usr/share/luasandbox/sandboxes/heka"
analysis_lua_path       = "/usr/lib/luasandbox/modules/?.lua"
analysis_lua_cpath      = "/usr/lib/luasandbox/modules/?.so"
io_lua_path             = analysis_lua_path ..  ";/usr/lib/luasandbox/io_modules/?.lua"
io_lua_cpath            = analysis_lua_cpath .. ";/usr/lib/luasandbox/io_modules/?.so"

input_defaults = {
}
analysis_defaults = {
}
output_defaults = {
}

Input:  tcp.cfg

filename = "tcp.lua"
instruction_limit = 0
address = "0.0.0.0"
port = 5555
default_headers = nil
decoder_module = "decoders.payload"

Ouptut: heka_debug.cfg

filename        = "heka_debug.lua"
message_matcher = "TRUE"

In hindsight.tsv file I can four message but zero output.

Plugin     Inject Message Count        Inject Message Bytes        Process Message Count    Process Message Failures Current Memory                Max Memory       Max Output         Max Instructions Message Matcher Avg (ns)              Message Matcher SD (ns)         Process Message Avg (ns) Process Message SD (ns)   Timer Event Avg (ns)          Timer Event SD (ns)
input.tcp               4              228         0              0              116095  162396  0              0              0              0              0              0              0                0
output.heka_debug           0              0              0              0              42836    49050    0              72           0              0              0              0                8566       1028

Any help is appreciated.