[Hindsight] [EXTERNAL] Re: Type 1 UUID

Thomas.Bostelmann Thomas.Bostelmann at target.com
Tue Dec 27 15:42:10 UTC 2016

Thanks, Michael.  We ended up doing just that.  We created a module in the lua_sandbox_extensions.   Thanks for the response.

-Tom

From: Michael Trinkala <mtrinkala at mozilla.com<mailto:mtrinkala at mozilla.com>>
Date: Friday, December 2, 2016 at 10:25 AM
To: "Thomas.Bostelmann" <Thomas.Bostelmann at target.com<mailto:Thomas.Bostelmann at target.com>>
Cc: "hindsight at mozilla.org<mailto:hindsight at mozilla.org>" <hindsight at mozilla.org<mailto:hindsight at mozilla.org>>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hindsight] Type 1 UUID

This is done is the luasandbox code https://github.com/mozilla-services/lua_sandbox/blob/5e9818a66fa9756ebcfa934f3037d9545c191380/src/heka/message.c#L896.  However, I would recommend against altering it there and instead just populate the 'Uuid' message header with the value you want (there are a few UUID modules that you could include/use for this purpose) before message injection.

Trink