[Go Faster] Intent to unship: Firefox Hotfix

Felipe Gomes fgomes at mozilla.com
Thu Mar 2 03:12:49 UTC 2017

Having been involved in shipping fixes with both of these systems, I can
say that I fully support this.  From a client point of view, system add-ons
are a lot better; and the release process for them has gotten easier and
better than hotfixes too.

I believe there are some developer ergonomics improvements that can be made
to make them a bit easier to develop and test locally. I have some
suggestions/ideas and I'll file bugs for them.

Felipe