TEST 06/29/2015 Full Flash Spark Master Smoke Tests Results - 48/52 tests passed, 2 existing blockers

Douglas Sherk drs at mozilla.com
Tue Jun 30 01:56:33 UTC 2015

Spark is still a separate build customization, and this is what's actually
being tested on the Aries. The others tests are run on "Gaia base", for
lack of a better term, loaded on Flame(s).

Ideally, this is what the future will look like:

   - The Flame will no longer be the reference device, but it can be used
   to support us when developers need a second device, we want to hand a cheap
   phone out to a contributor, etc.
      - This will come in time, as we get more Aries devices in people's
      hands, and work out the legal framework for distributing them to
      contributors and contractors. There are also infrastructure concerns
      blocking us, like building a power harness, building automation, etc.
      - We might also want to keep some of these around for memory and
      performance testing.
      - Spark will be unified into Gaia base, and all of our tests will be
   done here.
      - This will come with the new Gaia build system, or perhaps earlier
      some other way if the estimate is too high after the plan is finalized.

My recommendation is to keep going with this system for now, but make sure
that everyone is clear on the distinction. The key takeaway here is that
Spark can run on any device, including the Flame. We've just arbitrarily
chosen to keep running Gaia base on Flame, and Spark on the Aries, for
testing purposes.
Doug