Some users need a way to easily restart the browser (was: Re: Intent to unship Developer Toolbar (aka GCLI))

Gijs Kruitbosch gijskruitbosch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:17:25 UTC 2018

Yes, there's a File > Restart (cmd-alt-r shortcut on mac, ctrl-alt-r
elsewhere) for local builds (
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/firefox-dev/Tme95bp3EHY/ow-l077FAAAJ ).
It's not present for regular nightly builds, but even if we did that it
apparently wouldn't help Bruno who just commented that he's using
release. We couldn't ship this to release because ctrl-alt shortcuts
don't work well for keyboard layouts that use AltGr on Windows for some
characters, and because it ought to be useless for most users.

I'm still interested to know why people feel they need this on release
(ie not for QA / development).

~ Gijs