Dark Theme Darkening - MSU Capstone Student Project Update #4

Vivek Dhingra vivek3zero at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:04:10 UTC 2018

3/23/2018

It's been a while since our last blog post and since then we've made
significant progress in our Dark Theme Darkening project. Dylan and Zhengyi
have finished their work on styling autocomplete popups. Zhengyi has also
worked on making toolbar fields customizable under different states.
Connor's work has now made arrow panels themeable. Vivek has completed
adding theme transitions and Bogdon has fixed an important bug with find
bar buttons' states.

As we head into the final stretch of tasks within this project’s scope, we
definitely feel a lot more comfortable now when working with the massive
codebase which we initially found a little daunting. From using Mercurial
for the first time to understanding how inter process communication works
within the browser, all of us have learned new things and gained valuable
experiences. It is especially interesting to get an insight into how
experienced developers make key design decisions.

We are currently working on our next round of patches which are just as
exciting as our previous ones. These include making sidebar and some
in-content pages themeable, along with other bug fixes. We can't wait to
update you on those in our next blog post!

MSU Capstone,

Team Mozilla