Wish for funktionality: write inactive tabs to hdd or make them sleep

Dave Townsend dtownsend at mozilla.com
Thu Nov 30 23:32:32 UTC 2017

Limiting the memory in use by Firefox is a difficult proposition, what
would you expect Firefox to do in case it ran out of space? Currently we
pretty much have no option other than to crash.

One add-on you might be interested in though is Dormancy (
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dormancy/?src=userprofile)
which will work in coming versions of Firefox and allows unused tabs to be
made dormant where they are essentially unloaded from memory and then
reloaded when you go back to them.