Announcing MozillaBuild 3.1.1 Release

Xidorn Quan me at upsuper.org
Wed Nov 29 01:03:00 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017, at 10:55 AM, Ryan VanderMeulen wrote:
> * The fsmonitor extension was re-disabled due to significant
>   performance regressions for some common operations caused by
>   watchman excessively polling the filesystem.>
> If you're already using version 3.1 without issue, you probably don't
> need to pick up this release. You may want to consider disabling
> fsmonitor in the mean time, however. You can do that by making the
> change below to <mozilla-build>/python/mercurial.ini:> https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-build/rev/7a7753947603

It isn't clear to me what performance issue it has.

>From the bug, I can see the issue gps raised on GitHub:
https://github.com/facebook/watchman/issues/548
So my question would be, does it affect building Firefox in subdirectory
of working directory? If it does, then it sounds very serious and people
should probably disable it. If it doesn't, maybe it isn't a too big
deal, since I don't think most developers want to create tons of files
frequently.
- Xidorn