New Firefox

Michael (work) mratcliffe at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 21 10:57:42 UTC 2017

The old extension mechanism was Firefox's greatest strength and greatest
weakness.

Giving extension developers access to almost any part of our codebase
gave them a lot of power but it was easy to create extensions that
slowed down the browser and made it unstable... using the web extension
model gives us much more control over this and will allow us to share
extensions with other browsers, which is a win win for everybody.

This positive feedback definitely gives us that nice warm fuzzy feeling,
thanks for that.

/Mike Ratcliffe