Intent to Merge: Google Analytics on perf-html.io

Harald Kirschner harald at mozilla.com
Sat Nov 18 00:50:29 UTC 2017

I agree with you, David, privacy in the tool is important and collecting
usage data can feel like the wrong data could get out. We do very
intentionally limit collection to only navigation within the app and
exclude URLs. This also means uploaded profile IDs are not reported;
nothing private about the profile itself is collected in GA.

As alternative to uploading you can also download the profiles locally and
attach them to private bugs; so you stay in control over them and can
remove them as needed. Would it be helpful to have anonymization as an
option; to have a best-effort approach on removing PII like URLs from
profiles?

/Harald