Firefox v57 ('Quantum'?)

Gijs Kruitbosch gijskruitbosch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:50:58 UTC 2017

On 16/11/2017 23:24, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:56:54PM +0000, Coda Coder wrote:
>>      I have things in the address bar I don't want and things missing I
>> do want and no way to add them.
>>      Example.  Pocket.  No thank you.  Answer: tough, we're gonna put it
>> in the menu AND in the address bar.  And no you can't change it.
> I don't know why it's not in "customize", but you can right-click on the
> icon in the address bar, that allows to remove it. And since it's not in
> "customize", you can't get it back if you really want to. Known issue?
You can right click the item in the main page action menu to add it back
into the address bar.

There's a bug on file on integrating page actions with the rest of
customize mode but:

a) that's difficult to do intuitively (ie how do you distinguish, when
drag and dropping a "thing", users trying to drop it *next to* the
location bar vs. *in* the location bar). Or, for that matter, users
trying to drag items in the location bar vs. the location bar itself.
b) the items in the page action menu are supposed to relate to the
current page, whereas items in the rest of the navbar aren't (i.e.
bookmark/pocket/report-site/send-to-device/copy|email-link all do
something with the current page/url whereas e.g. library contains
bookmarks/downloads/history which are all unrelated to the current
site). There's meaning in that separation, and it's not obvious that
mixing the two things would make sense, given that the address bar items
get hidden on, for instance, the New Tab page.

That's not to say it'll never happen, there was just no time to tackle
this as part of photon.

~ Gijs