e10s-multi going to Release

Blake Kaplan mrbkap at mozilla.com
Thu May 25 22:55:02 UTC 2017

Hey all,

We've been running a series of e10s-multi experiments on the Beta
branch for a while now while watching memory use numbers, crash rates,
and other release criteria. After some positive returns from the first
round of testing we started talking about maybe releasing e10s-multi
in Firefox 54 while being cautiously pessimistic that something would
come up.

Well, nothing's come up. We are currently looking at releasing
e10s-multi, with 4 content processes for users without addons when
Firefox 54 releases and, assuming no major issues come up, expanding
the target audience.

To sum up: starting in Firefox 54, 80% of eligible users (users
eligible for e10s and that don't have addons) will be receiving multi
in the form of 4 content processes. We will be looking to expand that
to more users assuming good results.

Thanks.
--
Blake