Switching to async/await from Task.jsm/yield

Dave Townsend dtownsend at mozilla.com
Mon Mar 27 19:42:46 UTC 2017

It looks like the main concern raised about switching over to async/await
where possible is bug 1242505. We're going to try to get some resources for
fixing that bug and it probably blocks doing a mass rewrite of existing
code but I don't think it blocks people starting to use async/await right
now as we're already using native Promises in lots of places. So lets go
ahead with this and avoid using Task.jsm in the future.