Possible to pass an already opened socket-instance to firefox?

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 07:53:46 UTC 2017

Hi All.

I am wishing to communicate between Machine-1 and Machine-2.

Machine-1 has a public-IP, whereas Machine-2 does not.
Machine-1 is the client, while Machine-2 runs a web-server.

So, a normal http://Machine-2/path/to/stuff cannot be used from a browser
in Machine-1, because Machine-2 does not have a public-IP.
But, a normal TCP socket can be created *from* Machine-2, using Machine-1's
public IP.

So, can this socket be somehow passed to firefox on Machine-1?
This way, firefox DOES NOT create the initiating TCP-connection (instead
using the passed socket), and thereafter begins passing/receiving the HTTP
requests/responses as usual.

Do I make sense in my query?
If yes, is it possible of what we desire?

Will be great to listen back from the experts !!

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay