Notice of about:preferences fork

Jared Wein jwein at mozilla.com
Thu Mar 23 19:47:52 UTC 2017

Hi all,

In bug 1343682 I landed a patch that forks about:preferences.

Mike Conley and I are mentoring a group of students that are re-organizing
the preferences. This fork is in place to support the ability for us to
revert the re-organization if a late-breaking issue arises.

If you get a review request or are working on a patch that touches
about:preferences, please request review from myself or mconley. Most bug
fixes should touch /browser/components/preferences/in-content and
/browser/components/preferences/in-content-old.

We plan to support this fork until Firefox 58 at the latest (when Firefox
55 will reach Release).

Thanks,
Jared