Firefox configure error: libffi > 3.0.9

Charles G Robertson cgrobertson at suse.com
Tue Mar 21 23:56:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am building Firefox 52.0 ESR on different architectures: x86_64 and ppc64.  It works on x86 but fails on ppc64 with the following configure error:

 checking for libffi > 3.0.9... no
 ERROR: Requested 'libffi > 3.0.9' but version of libffi is 3.0.9

When comparing the two builds the installed version of libffi on both x86 and ppc is 3.0.9. In fact, there is NO check for libffi > 3.0.9 on x86 that I can see in the config.log file.

Why then would it build on x86 and not ppc?

Is there some other Firefox dependency that depends on libffi > 3.0.9 that I'm not aware of that may be unique to ppc?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cheers
  Charles Robertson